Sunday, February 7, 2010

To Tweet or Not to Tweet?

Many of us have been wondering whether or not we should sign up and become one of the hundreds of billions using Twitter. I don’t know about you, but before I signed up to Twitter I had no interest in ever becoming a member. I didn’t understand what all the hype was about Twitter and why everyone was joining it when other websites like Facebook could do the same thing and even more. It took me about two weeks after becoming a Twitter member to actually understand and grasped the concept behind this amazing website. I have realized that when used properly, Twitter can be a very powerful tool. With that being said, here are a few different ways on how people use Twitter.

1) Keeps Friends and Family connected: Like Facebook and MySpace, Twitter is able to keep friends and family in touch. With the Status Updater that Twitter offers, you can always be in the loop, and reply to everyone’s tweet. This feature comes in handy when family members and friends move away. I know that when teens go off to college worried mothers are constantly wondering what their children are doing. Twitter allows them to put their minds at ease since they are able to access their child’s account and view their timely updates. Twitter is one of the best Social Media websites that are being used to stay connected with friends and family.

2) Great Source of Free Advertising: Many companies such as Apple and Microsoft make Twitter accounts to Tweet out information to the public, about the latest technological innovations that have been discovered. With a push of a button, large corporations and small businesses can get the word out to all, which will ultimately bring in more revenue. Twitter is a great, and not to mention cheap, way to market and advertise new products to the Twitter world.

3) Legalized Celebrity Stalking: Who says you need to go to California to stalk celebrities when you can do it in the comfort of your own home. That’s right-- Twitter has made it possible to enter into the minds of many celebrities. We no longer have to wonder what stars do on a Sunday afternoon, or what they ate earlier that day because it will most likely be posted on their Twitter page. Celebrity Twitter stalking is probably the number one reason as to why everyone is signing up to this website—I know that influenced my decision to sign up and activate my account. I find it fascinating and entertaining that with a click of a button on my Twitter App on my Blackberry that I can see exactly what celebrities are doing.

There is so much more to learn about Twitter-- so if you're ever wondering whether to Tweet or not to Tweet, I would definitely suggest that you Tweet.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment